Director of Institutional Advancement
Trinity High School, a Catholic diocesan high school, in Manchester, N.H., seeks an effective administrator to lead and develop the offices of Development, Admissions, and Marketing and Communications into an institutional advancement model. Reporting to the Principal, the Director of Institutional Advancement works with the IA team to integrate the school’s development, marketing, enrollment, and communications functions. Additional responsibilities include oversight over capital campaigns; special events; the annual fund, individual giving, major, and planned gifts; alumni relations; donor relations; prospect management; publications, digital media and public relations, and enrollment management. He/she is a member of the school’s leadership team and works closely with the Advisory Board, the administration, and faculty and staff to achieve Trinity’s strategic goals.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Qualified candidates for the Director position need to uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church and should have a minimum of 6 years of advancement experience, preferably with experience in enrollment management and/or marketing. Experience should include at least 3 years in senior level management, preferably in the nonprofit arena. A Bachelor’s degree is required; and an advanced degree is preferred.
Ideal skills include:
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the aforementioned functional areas of advancement
- Demonstrated record of success in major gifts fundraising
- An effective working knowledge of computer applications and technology in the advancement field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong budgeting and quantitative skills
- Ability to set vision with clear goals
- Demonstrated ability to manage other professionals and to work productively with volunteers
- Set vision, goals, and develop strategy for newly-created advancement office
- Develop a comprehensive development plan including annual fund, special events, capital campaign, grants, planned giving, etc.
- Execute public launch of capital campaign and ensure successful completion of campaign goal
- Surface grant opportunities and direct team on grant proposals
- Identify and utilize donor database for moves management and prospecting with assistance from development team
- Enhance and further expand annual fund and support alumni engagement
- Streamline and assist to manage fundraising events
- Develop and execute a comprehensive enrollment management strategy
- Oversee the marketing, recruitment and retention of students. This includes open houses, school visits and tours and registration in conjunction with admissions team
- Develop strategic communications and marketing plan for all student, alumni, parent, donor communications reflective of the school’s mission and vision
Create style standards and develop communications planning for all stakeholders
- Enhance further brand cohesion and adoption throughout school communities
Enhance school’s utilization of digital media and other communications vehicles
- Oversee the advancement office including Admissions, Development, and Communications and provide leadership, strategic direction, motivation, and oversight that inspires and builds professional competencies
Provide timely progress reports to leadership, school board, and parent committees
Develop and manage the annual department budget
The person selected for this position must be a creative, innovative, and results-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills, strong presentation and negotiating skills, and general business acumen. The ability to write clearly and effectively is a must, as is facility with budgets and financial reporting. Individuals who are interested in this opportunity must have impeccable integrity and must be able to provide references from all previous employers.
This full time, twelve-month position reports directly to the Principal and administers all programs and activities undertaken by the school to secure the resources needed to achieve its mission and goals.
Interested individuals should forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com